The difference is in the details.
All sites developed by WNC Digital include custom design, reliable support, best practices in search engine optimization, installation of Google Analytics, links to your social media pages, a search box, and an obsessive attention to every detail.
Additionally, you may wish to add many popular features such as:
- a blog section
- newsletter sign-up (I recommend the free service MailChimp)
- calendar of upcoming events
- a customized contact form
- enhanced mobile format (a customized design for enhancing the user experience on smaller devices such as a phone or tablet)
- audio/video content
- member registration
- custom copywriting to boost your search engine ranking
What makes WNC Digital different?
- Attention to Details
- SEO Coaching: I will ensure that your site follows Google quality guidelines for titles, descriptions, and headings that help rather than hurt you. I will know, and tell you, when a slightly different phrasing of your site title or a page header will work better for you in search engine ranking.
- Optimizing Images: All images used on your site will be sized for their intended use and optimized for fast loading. This doesn’t merely make things snappier for your site visitors — Google ranks quicker-loading sites higher than slower-loading ones. A difference of less than a second can push you higher or lower than your competitors, even though you may never even perceive a difference when you view the site.
- Page Caching: I install a tool on your site that stores a “flat” copy of each page on the web server. What that means in plain English is that your site will load 4-6 times faster than it would otherwise. Again, this really helps you rank better in search engines.
- Commitment to Your Success: I have learned something new or surprising or useful from every client I have worked with. I am fascinated by seeing where people’s passions have led them, and I respect the trust you place in me to help you succeed. I care about what you are hoping to accomplish with your web site and will work with your goals in mind.
- BA in Journalism specializing in Web/Multimedia from UNC-Chapel Hill
- Former Software Quality Analyst at Acctvantage
- Former Webmaster at AB-Tech
- Former Multimedia Developer for Elon University
- My primary computer for production is an Apple running the latest operating system; for testing purposes I also maintain a PC desktop, laptop, and netbook computer, and various smaller mobile devices.
- The most recent version of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- A developer’s license for the Genesis Framework for WordPress, and many other popular plug-ins, means I have access to customizations and support that “free” software typically lacks.