It’s good at the top.
Google-approved, white-hat search engine optimization techniques will boost your site up the rankings to drive increased traffic and business.
Without using any gimmicks or tricks that can backfire on you (Google is smart!), I will use time-tested and reliable techniques to improve your site’s standing in the search engines.
This package is offered at a discount for new site designs (see pricing page). As a stand-alone service the fee is $500.
So what exactly is SEO Boost?
If I told you all my secrets, you wouldn’t need to hire me, would you? Just kidding! The truth is, there isn’t really a secret to effective SEO. There is something of an art to it, though, which comes with practice.
To understand what you will get from my SEO Boost service, you need to understand how your site’s rank in search engines is determined. There are a few factors:
- The quality, quantity, and originality of your content
- Quality: Your content is written in a natural flow of complete sentences, not random strings of keywords or filler.
- Quantity: A page should contain about 300 – 700 words of text; not much less, and not too much more.
- Originality: Your content should be unique, not copied from other sources.
- This is a measurement of how “popular” your site is, as calculated by how many other sites link to you; the catch is, the other sites need to rank well themselves for their inbound links to help you. Reciprocal linking, buying links, and other gimmicks for getting links are worthless at best, and potentially harmful. Google penalizes and even bans sites that show obvious signs of link manipulating.
- Site Loading Time: All other factors being more or less equal, a page that loads faster will rank higher.
- Longevity: A newly-registered domain will rank a little lower, at least for the first 6-12 months, than a competitor site that’s been around for years, all other factors being equal. You can’t do much about this but wait it out; however, you can be optimizing your content, streamlining your site’s loading time, and developing inbound links during that time.
Out of all these factors, optimizing your text content and your site’s loading time are the ones that are the most in your control. I call this the low-hanging fruit. You can see a profound difference very quickly. This is what I focus on when providing you with SEO Boost:
I will work with you to determine 3-5 realistic keyword phrases you want to rank highly for. What do I mean by realistic? For example, if you are a dentist, the single keyword dentist is not a realistic keyword to aim to rank highly for. And your potential clients are not likely to search just for the word dentist. But they might search for hendersonville nc dentist or perhaps hendersonville cosmetic dentist. Those are keyword phrases that are both realistic and likely to help you gain traffic.
Once we have established your top keyword phrases, I will develop 300 – 500 words of copy for your homepage that incorporate your keywords in a natural flow. This is where the art — and professional tools and expertise — come into play. Repeating your keywords too many times can backfire. Use them too little and you won’t benefit. The ideal frequency (called “keyword density”) is between about 3-5%. I use software that calculates your keyword density as a I type, and I edit as necessary to keep you in the sweet spot.
Second, I edit your site title to make sure your keywords are used within the first 72 characters (Google ignores the rest). I edit your site description so that your keywords are used within the first 165 characters, while also providing a meaningful description of your site — this description is what Google displays in its search listings, and helps a potential visitor decide whether or not to click through to your site.
Third, I evaluate your homepage’s loading time and address any factors which may be slowing it down — un-optimized images that are slow to load, unnecessary code, etc.
Finally, I provide you with recommendations for long-term strategies to gain inbound links authentically, such as using social media, promotions, blogging, and so forth. My suggestions are tailored to your business and what is feasible for you.